The Weka Investigator is still under heavy development, but now it is more about stability, usability and additional functionality. The general framework is pretty much there.
- Fixed memory leak that occurs within Rat actors in conjunction with directed control actors like Switch, the setUp() method call didn't remove its current Directory instance from the PauseStateManager as listener.
- The plain text handler of the Preview browser now displays a Creation of preview failed if it cannot load the file as text. Also fixed the occasional occurring use of the wrong content handler (race condition).
- Added boolean flag to catch circular calculation in spreadsheet formulas, avoiding costly StackOverflows per cell (can take a very long time in large spreadsheets).
- The XSLT transformer no longer fails if the stylesheet file property is empty (and wrongly trying to load a non-existing file).
- The Export action in the Weka Investigator now allows overwriting existing files; also uses any existing file as the suggested export file name.
- The Weka Investigator dropdown lists for the class attribute in the data table are no longer cached to avoid inconsistencies in case the user modifies the attributes of a dataset.
- Stopping cross-validation in the Weka Investigator now properly waits for the sub-threads to finish.
- The Simple plot for spreadsheet/instances tables now asks the user for number of data points to plot if that should exceed 1000.
- The File commander now pops up remote directory setup if it should require initialization (when changing the chooser).
- Panels for choosing files and directories now retain a history of selected elements.
- The EnterManyValues source can output the key-value pairs as a java.util.Map object now as well.
- SimplePlot and SequencePlotter now allow the export of the first visible plot to CSV.
- adams-compress: upgraded lzma-java artifact to 1.3.
- adams-visualstats: added support for mouse click actions to the ScatterDisplay sink.
- The WekaPrincipalComponents transformer now outputs not only loadings, but also the transformed data. Automatically filters out attributes that PCA does not support (uses PartitionedMultiFilter internally to add them again to the transformed data).
- WekaPredictionsToInstances and WekaPredictionsToSpreadSheet allow the user to output the absolute error (default) or not.
- The Weka Investigator now allows you to copy, save and load workspaces (any graphical output has to be regenerated though; simply right-click on history entry and select Regenerate output). Undo can be turned off now as well. Testing classifier models now outputs from progress information as feedback for the user.
- Transformer for changing prefixes of report fields to a new one: ChangeReportFieldPrefixes.
- added AttributeStatistics column processor for tables displaying Instances objects, like the Data tab in the Weka Investigator.
- The Weka Investigator now has principal components and partial least squares visualization tabs, which display loadings and scores. The Investigator also offers shortcuts now for the tabs, to quickly open new tabs. An action for randomizing a dataset has been added to the Data tab.
- Added MergeObjectLocations transformer to merge the located objects in two reports.
- The CompareObjectTypes transformer compares the type of located objects in two reports and outputs a comparison spreadsheet.
- The LookUpInit standalone initializes an empty lookup table in storage.
- With the ReportToSpreadSheet conversion, you can turn a Report object into a spreadsheet.
- With the LookUpUpdate transformer, you can update a spreadsheet that acts as a lookup table using custom rules (e.g., if-then-else).
- adams-spectral-core: added support for PCA/PLS analysis using spectra to the Spectrum Explorer.