The last few weeks I have been busy preparing the migration of a large, commercial ADAMS-based application for processing spectral data to a newer version. This new version uses Rats instead of cronjobs to improve processing speed of data and making predictions. Due to these flows now containing several 10,000 actors, a lot of speed improvements were necessary to make them easier to view and edit in the Flow editor. That introduced also a number of bugs (a lot of rewriting happened behind the scenes), but it has stabilized a lot now.
- The undo is now fixed in the Flow editor, with the flow no longer disappearing when performing an undo operation. Due to changes of the underlying data structure introduced the last couple of weeks, for speeding up the read/write of flows from/to disk.
- Using now nested lists for copying/pasting actors on the clipboard for better performance, also using a faster check whether nodes are on clipboard for pasting.
- The popup menu in the GOE failed on java.io.File objects due to a wrong cast to PlaceholderFile, which got fixed.
- The GOE could end in an endless loop, firing property events that hammered the Swing thread, resulting in a lock up of the user interface. Removing an unnecessary call for firing property events, the lock up disappeared.
- Reading of flows in the old nested format now works again.
- File choosers that allow the editing of options of the selected file type (reader/writer) now ensure that the selected filter and the last handler used are of the same class when showing the dialog, resetting the last handler if that's not the case. Otherwise, cases can occur where the selected filter is not presented in the GenericObjectEditor.
adams-weka and adams-weka-lts:
- The WekaFilter transformer no longer re-initializes the filter if loading from disk/actor/storage and initializeOnce is checked.
- The CrossValidationFoldGenerator classes now report back the actual number of folds in use (eg when using -1 for LOO, this depends on the data), which in turn makes the WekaCrossValidationExecution work properly when using GroupedCrossValidationFoldGenerator in conjunction with LOO.
- search methods that implement RankedOutputSearch (eg PrincipalComponents) now output the attribute importance from the ranking instead of the attribute index
- The Rat actor now disables the performLazySetup option if the sub-flow contains at least one Breakpoint actor (debugging doesn't work in conjunction with lazy setup).
- The Subscribe rat input now ignores any notifications if the Rat actor is paused.
- The RatControl actor how has optional support for bulk actions, ie checked Rat actors can be paused/resumed/stopped/started.
- adams-spectral-2dim-core: fixed selection of instance generator when exporting visible spectra in the Spectrum Explorer: it is now possible to select from a class hierarchy
- Introduced the adams.flow.processor.ActorProcessor interface, replacing the usage of the AbstractActorProcessor class.
- The DeserializeToStorage standalone now accepts pairs of storage name / file name to reduce the number of actors necessary when loading lots of models. Storage name and/or file name can be variables as well.
- The Flow editor now prompts whether to perform checks before saving a when it is considered large (default is 200 actors); occurs on a per-flow basis and can be reverted by simply checking/unchecking the checkbox in the menu.
- Actors that implement the AtomicExecution interface (eg Tee or Branch) now allow the user to specify a timeout after which the sub-flow gets stopped nonetheless (when finishedBeforeStopping is set).
- Upgraded lanterna to 3.0.1 (for providing an ncurses-like terminal interface).
- adams-spreadsheet: The SpreadSheetSetCell transformer can use a cell finder now to locate the cells to update with the specified value as well (eg for updating all cells with missing values or a value less than a certain minimum).
- adams-weka and adams-weka-lts: switched to updated Weka versions (3.9.2-fork-0.0.2 and 3.9.0-fork-0.0.5 respectively) that include patch for MyHeap usage in weka.core.neighboursearch.LinearNNSearch, avoiding the the number of elements cannot exceed the initially set maximum limit exception.
- added Clear clipboard to menu of Flow editor
- added MapToReport conversion
- Added the ListObjectCommandlines actor processor for listing object command-lines of a specific class.
- Added actor processor for updating the number of threads used by classes: ChangeNumThreads
- The SpreadSheetCellSelector transformer lets you select cells in a spreadsheet to forward in the flow.
- The SpreadSheetRandomSystematicSample transformer picks a random systematic sample of rows from the incoming spreadsheet.
- added Clear clipboard to menu of Spreadsheet file viewer
adams-weka and adams-weka-lts:
- The PredictionTrend output generator for the classification tab of the Weka Investigator plots actual and predicted values in a single plot, sorted by actual. This allows spotting of trends.
- Added NIPALS and SparsePLS
- adams-meta: The ProcessorActor transformer allows you to process an incoming flow with a specific actor processor (eg listing variables or command-lines).
- adams-spectral-2dim-core: added instance generator based solely on report fields and with dedicated class field: FieldInstanceGeneratorWithClass