A lot of minor UI improvements and dependency refreshments happened since the release in December last year. New in the flow is EXIF tag support and communication with Python processes across the network using Pyro4 (Python Remote Object, https://github.com/irmen/Pyro4).
- Multi page panes are now showing border again when focused, to make it easier to see which widget has the focus.
- The Preview browser did not maintain correctly its internal list of content handlers, resulting in apparently random preview handlers getting selected.
- The SQL Workbench now disables the user interface while a query is being executed.
- Chooser panels (eg for dates, files or colors) now change the font color to RED if the entered value is not in a valid format and will revert to the default value when opening the dialog via the ... button. The Use default menu item was added to allow the user to revert back to the default value.
- EnterManyValues now shows the tool tip of the underlying component if there was no explicit help string entered.
- The sources EnterValue, EnterManyValues, SelectDirectory and SelectFile now honor any information recovered from restoration files during non-interactive and/or headless operation.
- adams-weka and adams-weka-lts: the transformers WekaFilter, WekaClassifying and WekaClustering are now threadsafe when using the internally used Weka object (previously, when using a shared model in storage in concurrent situations, it could end up in an unsuable state).
- adams-net: upgraded tika-core to 1.20 due to https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2018-17197
- adams-ml: The CrossValidation scheme for preparing file-based datasets now generates correct leave-one-out datasets.
- adams-groovy: Upgraded Groovy to 2.5.5 to make the Groovy Console work with Java versions 9 and later.
- adams-video: fixed user interface issues in VLCjPlayer and Annotator
- Retired the obsolete NamedSetup framework.
- The Find in files tool now has all its operations in a button with a drop-down list, using a class hierarchy. New actions are: Copy to... and Move to.... The View... action now uses the Preview browser.
- How graphical actors are being displays is now handled by a class hierarchy, replacing the displayInEditor option. The default scheme (appropriately named Default) just displaying it on top of all windows. With DisplayInEditor, the window gets displayed in Flow editor window. NoDisplay suppresses the display completely and Background displays behind all other windows. The ChangeDisplayType actor processor allows you to change the type(s) to a new one.
- The menu item MakeInteractive of the Flow editor tree popup allows one to turn one or more SetVariable standalones into an interactive sub-flow (Trigger/EnterManyValues/MapToVariables).
- The DefaultValueDefinition used by EnterManyValues now offers an option to output paths (file or directory) with forward slashes.
- All value definitions, as used by EnterManyValues can be now disabled/enabled, which makes it easier to maintain testing/production ones side by side.
- The LocalScopeTransformer and LocalScopeTrigger control actors now add the programmatic variables to their local scope when using EMPTY for variable propagation: flow_filename_long, flow_filename_short, flow_filename_restore, flow_dir, flow_id, is_headless, has_gui, project_name, project_home, project_modules
- The JsonFileReader can now enforce output type (OBJECT or ARRAY) if know beforehand, default is ANY (no enforcement)
- Added ability to flag a flow as active and manage that one through the Active menu and the buttons in the toolbar that have the little A in the bottom right corner. This is useful when editing external flows, as the switching back to the main flow is now no longer necessary.
- The pause/resume and stop buttons are now also available through a debug flow perspective.
- Removed the Run/Debug flow notification area actions.
- adams-spreadsheet: the sinks JFreeChartFileWriter and JFreeChartPlot now allow the selection of shapes for the data point markers, the background color is now white (aligned with other ADAMS plots) and the plot color can be selected as well.
adams-weka and adams-weka-lts:
- The WekaEvaluationSummary transformer now has options for custom titles for summary, confusion matrix and class details.
- Updated Weka dependencies to 3.9.3-fork-0.0.4 and 3.9.0-fork-0.0.9 respectively (fixes duplicate output when using Logback or log4j; AbstractClassifier.forName no longer casts to AbstractClassifier, but Classifier).
- adams-jython: upgraded Jython to 2.7.1b3.
- added image reader/writer using the Apache Commons Imaging library, added preview handlers for images and meta-data using this library as well. This will eventually replace the Sanselan-based classes.
- The ExifTagOperation transformer allows you to work on the EXIF data in files, e.g., read/write/remove fields or check for fields. The HasExifTag boolean condition checks whether the specified tag is present.
- adams-maps: added GPSDistance conversion for computing distance (in meters) between two GPS points.