Lots of minor changes and fixes happened over the last few weeks. But the most notable one is the generation of Debian and Redhat installer packages. These make it easier to install ADAMS on servers or in Docker images. Also, with the adams-maven-plugin it is now possible to compile flows into Java code during the build process.
- The use of databases other than MySQL in case the adams-db module is present now uses auto-detection again for determining the backend (using the JDBC URL). This avoids having to explicitly configure a DbBackend.props file.
- The LocalScopeTransformer and LocalScopeTrigger actors now only clean up local variables and storage data structures if not using shared resources.
- The forceVariables method in the AbstractActor (ancestor for pretty much all actosr) no longer calls cleanUp of current Variables instance: this caused havoc when dynamically instantiating sub-flows at runtime, linking them into the existing flow to have access to variables and storage, as they could remove the outer flow's variables altogether.
- adams-net: The Base64ToString conversion now applies the selected decoding type.
- The BinaryCrop cropping algorithm now works for objects of any shape, by finding the rectangle encompassing the center object.
- The NegativeRegions transformer now sets the supplied object type.
- The MinDimensions negative regions meta-algorithm no longer removes two objects at a time when logging is enabled.
- adams-json: retrieving an array via $.expr no longer results in the elements being forwarded one-by-one, but as a JSONArray object (JSONArray also implements the List interface, which got interpreted incorrectly; $.expr can return more than one value).
- adams-addons-all: now has a dependency on adams-tensorflow as well.
- Flows that had errors when loading, the string " (incomplete)" is now appended to the filename, to mark them as such. Previously, the filename got lost and a simple "FlowXYZ" was used.
- The TextFileReader now accepts InputStream objects as well.
- upgraded java-utils dependency to 0.0.3
- upgraded commons-compress dependency to 1.19 to address CVE-2019-12402 (https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-12402)
- The PromptUser template now allows configuring the restoration of settings as well.
- The adams.core.logging.FileHandler logging output handler now makes use of the ADAMS_LOGFILE_PREFIX environment variable to inject a prefix into the log file (eg, "console.log" becomes "testing-console.log" with "ADAMS_LOGFILE_PREFIX=testing-"). This allows multiple log outputs from multiple ADAMS services on the same server.
- The Preview browser now offers a search panel when viewing spreadsheets and no longer outputs exceptions in the console in case custom preview handlers cannot be instantiated (eg when switching from one ADAMS application to another).
- The ImageAnnotator transformer now maintains last selected label, window position and size between invocations.
- upgraded jsonpath dependency to 2.4.0
- The StringToJson conversion how has an output type option for casting the JSON object (any, array, object).
- adams-ml: The ActualVsPredictedPlot now exposes the overlays for the plot, allowing to add other ones in addition to the diagonal (StraightLineOverlay), like LinearRegressionOverlay.
- adams-weka: upgraded multisearch-weka-package dependency to 2019.10.4
- adams-weka and adams-weka-lts: The ActualVsPredictedPlot now exposes the overlays for the plot, allowing to add other ones in addition to the diagonal (StraightLineOverlay), like LinearRegressionOverlay.
- adams-meta: The FlowFileReader now accepts InputStream and Reader objects as well (must be closed separately).
- adams-rsync: The RSync and SimpleRSync sources now output the output (stdout/stderr)
- as it occurs rather than all of it after the rsync process finishes.
- adams-spreadsheet: The SpreadSheetFileReader now accepts InputStream and Reader objects as well (must be closed separately).
- All ADAMS applications are now available as Debian and RPM packages as well.
- Added support for InputStream/Reader instance generation via the InputStreamGenerator/ReaderGenerator sources and the CloseInputStream/CloseReader sink. This allows loading files from the classpath, e.g., files that are packaged within the jars of an application.
- Added BooleanToString and StringToBoolean conversions.
- With the ForwardSlashSwitch actor processor, it is now possible to switch all ForwardSlashSupporter objects in one go.
- added RESTPlugin support for processing text and JSON with a callable transformer template ("pipeline"): CallableJsonPipeline, CallableTextPipeline.
- added RESTplugin for just calling callable transformer with JSON or text: CallableJsonTransformer and CallableTextTransformer.
- adams-maven-plugin: a Maven plugin that allows compilation of flows into Java code as part of the Maven build process.
- adams-spectral-2dim-core: added the Export spectra... plugin to the SpreadSheet and Instances tables to allow export of selected rows as spectral files.
adams-weka and adams-weka-lts:
- added the conversion MapToWekaInstance and WekaInstanceToMap to provide an easy way to convert Weka Instance objects to JSON and vice versa.
- introduced a class hierarchy for building a final model after a cross-validation run of a classifier in the Weka Investigator.
- added filter for extracting a range of instances from a dataset in the specified order: KeepRange.