Didn't get around to posting it last Friday, as I ran out of time.
Notably are the refactoring underneath the hood, slimming down the adams-core module by moving out support for additional databases to adams-db, math-stuff to adams-math, XML processing to adams-xml, YAML support to adams-yaml and JSON handling to adams-json. Furthermore, the adams-rats module is now a meta-module, with the actual functionality split into adams-rats-core , adams-rats-net, adams-rats-rest and adams-rats-webservice. This allows for slimmer applications, e.g., when a simple REST service is required, there is no need to pull in SOAP related dependencies. These changes were triggered by generating a smaller standalone application for the data exchange server, which is to be used in conjunction with RabbitMQ (DEX is used for storing the actual payloads of the RabbitMQ messages).
Most HTTP-related queries are now handled using the requests4j library (https://github.com/fracpete/requests4j).
- The customColumnHeaders option of the CsvSpreadSheetReader now works also without having to check the noHeader option.
- adams-net: HttpPostFile now uses correct CRLF in POST rather than just LF, according to specifications.
adams-weka and adams-weka-lts:
- When the WekaFilter transformer initializes the actual filter, the error message no longer gets discarded; it is also possible to update properties with variables that access an array of the underlying filter.
- The Associate, Attribute selection, Classify and Cluster tab in the Weka Investigator can once again get copied (deserialization of output generators was failing).
- The SimpleArffLoader now supports attribute weights, fixed instance weights handling.
- In the Debug control panel, it is now possible to hide programmatic variables in the Variables tab, by checking the Show user-only vars checkbox.
- The AddActorHere/After/Beneath keyboard actions of the Flow editor now allow you to specify whether you want to edit this actor in a GOE window and if that is the case whether you want to see the class tree of actors.
- Added methods contains(str, find) and replaceall(str, find, replace) to the BooleanExpression, MathematicalExpression and StringExpression parsers.
- Report fields now allow inline editing in the GenericObjectEditor.
- Large tables now render faster in general, by not enforcing to calulate the optimal width anymore.
- Errors/warnings encountered during loading a flow are now displayed in the notification area rather than in separate dialogs.
- Moved markdown support from adams-core to adams-html.
- Removed JShell support (not really practical).
- Moved terminal-based application support (using lanterna) into adams-terminal module.
- Moved math-related libraries and functions into adams-math module.
- Moved XML, XSLT, XPath related actors and code into adams-xml module.
- Moved YAML related actors and code into adams-yaml module.
- adams-rats: split into adams-rats-core, adams-rats-net, adams-rats-rest and adams-rats-webservice to be able to build more lightweight applications.
- adams-rsync: upgraded rsync4j to 3.1.2-16
- added requests4j library as dependency
- removed JSoup dependecy
- The Spectrum Explorer now allows the user to create a new window or to duplicate the current one. It now also allows to stop the execution of the current action via Scripts - Stop execution.
- The SpectrumPaintlet now has the option paintAll to force drawing all points.
- the header and cell popup menu items for the spreadsheet table have been reworked to work more consistently across visible/selected rows.
- The SpreadSheetColumnIterator can now output 1-based indices instead of names and also output the items as an array rather than one-by-one.
adams-weka and adams-weka-lts:
- the header and cell popup menu items for the instances table have been reworked to work more consistently across visible/selected rows.
- WekaInstancesInfo now allows outputting the name of the class attribute via CLASS_ATTRIBUTE_NAME
- Blacklisted the ArffViewer and SqlViewer menu items.
- Added support for per-fold output in Classify tab of the Weka Investigator
- The Weka Investigator now allows changing attribute and instance weights.
- upgraded version of datasets-weights-weka-package to 2019.9.13
- removed cat swarm optimization support (CSO), since not working properly
- The Flow editor received new keyboard actions: ActionQuickSearch (search for available menu items or tree popup actions for current context, invoked by Ctrl+Space), QuickSearchActorHere/After/Beneath (similar to SearchActorHere/After/Beneath, but uses list rather than tree).
- Added a simpler, faster CSV spreadsheet reader which only supports text and doubles called FastCsvSpreadSheetReader, which is aimed at reading very large CSV files quickly.
- Created the adams.core.TimeIt class for timing code executions. Its static methods generate timings for Runnable instances.
- The InformationDialog sink allows displaying a simple message to the user.
- With the adams.core.option.ApplyActorProducer, it is possible to generate Java code from actors that can be incorporated as methods in other projects.
- Allowing export of sub-flows with the Export... menu item available from flow tree popup menu (eg generating Java code using the ApplyActorProducer).
- adams-meta: the SpecifiedActor source outputs the actor identified by actor path in flow, useful when storing an actor setup in a file for reference (variables can be expanded).
- added FTPDelete and SFTPDelete transformers
- added conversions for base64 operations: Base64ToByteArray, Base64ToString, ByteArrayToBase64, StringToBase64.
- added support for a simple REST webservice that allows data exchange via tokens: adams.flow.rest.dex.DataExchange and adams.flow.rest.dex.DataExchangeServer.
- added standalone for defining a data exchange server connection context: DataExchangeServerConnection.
- added transformers for performing upload/download/remove operations on a data exchange server: DataExchangeServerDownload, DataExchangeServerRemove, DataExchangeServerUpload.
- added (send/receive) converter for sending payloads via a data exchange server (which can take advantage of a DataExchangeServerConnection available through the flow context): DataExchangeServerBasedConverter.
- adams-rest: added conversion JsonToObject and ObjectToJson for easy conversions of Java objects from/to JSON using Jackson's data-binding functionality (https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-databind).
- The ExtractIdAndTypeSpectrumReader spectrum reader allows you to post-process the sample ID and type using the specified ID and group extractors (eg using the filename from the report).
- The Median multi-spectrum filter computes the median from the spectral points.
- adams-spectral-3way-core: The ExtractIdAndTypeThreeWayDataReader 3-way data reader allows you to post-process the sample ID and type using the specified ID and group extractors.
- The content of individual spreadsheet cells can now be displayed via the View cell menu item or with the new Cell content viewer tab.
- With the new Column stats tab it is possible to calculate some statistics on the fly from the currently selected column and rows (default is sum).
adams-weka and adams-weka-lts:
- the content of individual instances cells can now be displayed via the View cell menu item.
- added dependency for the data-dumper-weka-package